OVERWHELMED ~ UNDER-EQUIPPED ~ WORRIED ~ FRUSTRATED ~ EXHAUSTED ~ EMOTIONALLY DRAINED ~ SPIRITUALLY EMPTY ~ SEARCHING.
For too long, these words labeled my worn out days as a wife, mom, homemaker, and woman of God. My life was ruled by circumstances and hopeless labels.
Can you relate?
Then God whispered, “Give me your whole heart and I will show you a new way.”
I dug deep into God’s word. I devoted my heart to seeking Him and discovering who He says I am. I learned that labels might define my circumstances, but they don’t define my life in Christ!
Replace labels with Truth:
- Overwhelmed? In the world you will have affliction; but take heart, I have overcome the world. (John 16:33 NIV)
- Under-equipped? May the God of peace equip you with everything good for doing his will. (Hebrews 13:20-21 NIV)
- Worried? Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Then you will experience God’s peace. (Phil. 4:6-7 NLT)
- Frustrated? Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. (Phil. 4:8 NIV)
- Exhausted? Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28 NIV)
- Emotionally drained? I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.(Phil. 4:13 NKJV)
- Spiritually empty? In the day when I cried out, You answered me, and made me bold with strength in my soul. (Psalm 138:3 NKJV)
- Searching? Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. (Psalm 119:105 NKJV)
My prayer is that these truths and the devotions here will help you find strength, wisdom and a desire to transform your life through a devoted heart.
There is nothing more powerful than knowing who you are in Christ!
Grab a cup of coffee or your favorite tea and visit a while. Let God whisper His loving truth into your heart.
Let your heart therefore be wholly devoted to the Lord our God. (1 Kings 8:61 NASV)